Family Lawyer Serving Longview & East Texas
Let’s Talk! 903.234.0711
Providing Compassionate Guidance, Advice, & Advocacy To Help You Achieve a Favorable Outcome in Your Family-Related Legal Matter

Divorce Modifications Lawyer in Longview, TX

Set Things Straight with the Help of a Compassionate Attorney

Your divorce decree is not always set in stone. However, if you want to make changes, it is very important to get an attorney involved. Keep in mind that you cannot act independently of the divorce decree. You must obtain legal permission before discontinuing spousal maintenance or child support or changing your custody plan. A legal advisor can make sure that you petition your changes correctly and express your desires clearly, as there are very specific court proceedings that must be followed when making these requests. Count on the Longview divorce attorney at The Hollwarth Law Firm if you want to start the process of making changes to your divorce documents

Call us at (903) 234-0711 today. We look forward to serving you.

Why Would I Modify My Divorce Agreement?

Circumstances may have changed since your divorce. What a judge deemed ideal at the time of the separation may be irrelevant now. It is important to inform the court of any significant life changes and request modifications that better fit your present-day situation.

You may want to modify your divorce agreement if:

  • You have experienced a dramatic change in financial circumstances
  • You are hoping to move out of the geographic restriction imposed by the decree and want to change your possession schedule
  • You are concerned about your child’s relationship with the other parent
  • Your schedule has changed and you need to alter your possession schedule
  • Your children’s schedules or needs have changed and you need to alter your possession schedule
  • Another material and substantial has occurred that warrants revisiting the decree

Our Longview attorney can help you file the proper petition to change a divorce decree or other underlying order. There is specific paperwork for modifying child support, modifying possession schedules, reducing or striking spousal maintenance payments, and more.

Should you and your ex agree on the needed changes, an uncontested modification is often a simple and speedy process; however, when one ex wants a change but the other does not agree, the issue may go to court. It is essential to have professional representation when arguing your side of the case. Our team will work hard to help you fight for a favorable resolution.

Putting Family First

The Hollwarth Law Firm is dedicated to providing family-focused representation. While we will help you achieve what is best for you, doing what is best for your child is our ultimate priority. Serving all of East Texas, our legal team can help ensure that your child’s future remains healthy and bright after any divorce decree modifications.

Contact us by calling (903) 234-0711 to learn more about how we can serve you.

  • Board-Certification for Family Law
  • Avvo 10.0
  • Avvo Clients Choice
  • Avvo Reviews
  • AV Rated
  • Texas Bar College

Client Praise & Recommendations

  • “Christina is a compassionate and zealous advocate for her clients.”

    Lisa L.

  • “She remains in constant contact and makes herself readily available even outside of business hours if need be.”


  • “Christina is my newfound champion and a formidable heroine in the East Texas landscape of lawyers.”


  • “She not only exceeded my personal expectations but went far and beyond to make sure my own case was handled in a very professional & timely matter.”


  • “Thank you Hollwarth law firm for all the hard work and love you pour over the lives you touch.”


  • “Christina is warm and compassionate yet vigilant and shrewd!”

    Courtney K.

  • “Awesome attorney with a good heart.”

    Betsy B.

  • “I would recommend her and her staff to anyone dealing with family law.”


  • “She actually listened and was truly interested in helping me.”


  • “Look no further for an attorney with supporting firm that will work for your benefit.”


  • “It’s nice to know that people like Mrs. Hollwarth still exist.”


  • “Ms. Hollwarth kept her word, was very friendly and courteous and was able to get the process handled in a timely manner.”


  • “Full of knowledge and compassion and gets the job done.”

    Sarah P.

  • “Extremely sincere and honorable.”


  • “If I were to need another family lawyer in the future Christina Hollwarth would be my first choice.”

    Former Client